I am very sad to say my summer break is almost over. While I’ve still been working full-time, it was very nice to have the break from the classes. As I’m taking another accounting class beginning Tuesday, my juggling begins again. I really enjoyed getting to hide in my books, knit a few pillows and a sweater that came out completely wrong and a first draft of a novel that I’m down on now. Okay, so some of this summer’s projects failed miserably. However this summer I:
1. Completed two pillow patterns and began a third.
2. Finished a first draft of a novel.
3. Made my first homemade linguine.
4. Finished the entire Sookie Stackhouse novel series (yes 10 books!)
5. Read and listened to numerous more books.
6. Made chinese dumplings from scratch.
7. Made potato parathas.
8. Went to a wedding and got to visit the central timezone for the first time without realizing I was showing up to said wedding an hour early!
I’m sure I did more than that, but those were the things that I came up with. Summer is and always has been my favorite season. Things will get busier soon but I will try very hard to keep up the blogging and keep the patterns coming. I’m looking forward to the Florida Fiber In coming up. This year it will be taking place September 17-19 in Orlando. http://nomadicfiber.yolasite.com/ I look forward to learning how to use my spindle.